Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Share some foods!

So now that a lot of us are at least a couple of weeks into this....I'm hoping we have discovered some new foods? Here's a list that I have been eating and some ideas for quick eats!

Here's a standard lunch for me:
Ener-G Brown Rice Bread (there's a link on the right too).
Boar's Head OvenGold Roast Turkey Lunch Meat (I called the company,...no soy, no gluten, no dairy)
Avocado (I mash it so it's more like a "spread" since sauces/condiments are almost all out!)
Tomato

I also use all-natural peanut butter for some pb toast with the above bread. Only peanuts and salt are the ingredients!

Another thing I've been doing is baking a sweet potato at 400 degrees in the oven for about 1-1.5 hours and putting brown sugar and cinnamon on it. Filling, sweet, and good for you!

For a quick dinner...I've been doing brown rice, a cut-up boneless skinless chicken breast, and a veggie steamer (found in frozen section, steam in microwave). Mix all together and I season with olive oil, salt, pepper. (kind of like a stir-fry...minus the sauce)

5 comments:

  1. pita bread
    barbecue sauce
    fruit bars
    sourdough pretzels
    Ians chicken nuggets (not my favorite)
    DH is working on pan bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually eating my left over sweet potato right now.
    I have a feeling that my supply is dropping. I don't think I'm eating enough. I'll make something, experimenting with it and if I don't like it, it's too to make something else, and I'll just eat the sides, so I'm not getting a lot of protein. I so wanted to give up last night. But, I'm back on today. Went to Whole Foods and bought some chips (salt and vinegar and corn chips) I can eat, some rice and buckwheat flour to try the pan bread, and some rice pasta. Has anyone tried the bread yet or had rice pasta? I love OvenGold turkey by Boar's Head! Good to know, thanks! For bfast, I eat Quaker instant oatmeal with water. Snacks, I eat Quaker rice cakes (kettle corn flavor) and veggie chips. Lunch, is mostly left overs from the night before or just snacks. For dinner, I've been eating lots of chicken and pork chops. I bought the Enjoy Life cookies and brownies, so far the cookies aren't that great, don't think I can eat them... =( I lost 3.1 pounds last week but I feel so hungry all the time. Does pita bread and sourdough pretzels not contain wheat? Or are you only no dairy and soy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say too 'late' to make something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only no dairy no soy. Luckily that's all she reacts to. And more soy than dairy I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...lots of brown rice, veggies and stuff on the grill- but im only doing no dairy so its not as hard

    ReplyDelete