Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How is cooking for your family going?

I am lucky that I have a husband who is already lactose intolerant, so the no cheese/dairy thing is easy. He's getting a bit bored with the rice, chicken, veggie combo or hamburgers though!

The other night I had a pretty basic chicken tossed salad and he opted for chicken caesar (oh how I would have rather had the caeser!)

Tonight we are having 3 other couples over for dinner so I'm making a double batch of sauce for homemade lasagna (jarred spaghetti sauce has soy, ugh!) and will make everyone lasagna while I am going to cook up some brown rice noodles and do a sort of "ziti" sans the cheese for me. The good thing is that my house smells really good right now and the sauce is going to be fabulous because it's simmering all day!

So all-in-all we are trying to eat the same things...but sometimes I have to have a little variation on mine. Not too horribly of a PITA, but it would be nice to not have to worry about every single morsel that goes into my mouth!

4 comments:

  1. It's going great in my house. DH loves to cook, so now he's allowed to find and fix new dishes. I hate (HATE)potatoes and cooked veggies, so it's challenging. We don't always eat the same thing, but it's no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super difficult so far. DH is super picky and only likes 2 vegetables and hates repeats. I could eat the same thing if I liked it 3 times a week..but I'm finding it hard to come up with much other than meat, veggies, and rice! I'm learning though..new to this. =(
    Cassandra, I paged you on 0-6 with a question. Looks like it's on page 2 now...let me know if you can't find it and I'll post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some Ragu doesn't have soy in them. And, I have found a lot of pastas that are okay. Wait - I just remembered you are doing the elimination diet.

    I have a call into my pedi for a referral to a peditrician GI. She doesn't get back from vacation until Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay. DH is actually ok with the chicken, rice and veggie repeats since he hasn't been to the gym much since DS was born. I'm trying to add more variety though with turkey burgers, sloppy joes, and other chicken recipes.

    This week we tried sprinkling garlic salt and brown sugar over chicken before baking and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete