Monday, May 4, 2009

How has your LO / you been this past week?

Hello everyone! Glad to be back!

Well...we figured out that Alexander is sensitive to Sodium Nitrite (a preservative widely used in salty things...ours was ham!). It caused bloody diapers again...go figure! But I stopped eating the ham and viola - no more blood. I swear, this kid is allergic to the air! LOL

But we're back to all yellow/seedy diapers again...so yay! We go see the stupid GI doctor tomorrow morning at 9am. I'm not even sure why I'm keeping the appt...what's he really going to tell me? He'll probably argue with me on the vitamin (the vitamin E succinate caused bad diapers) and the ham. But I'll just let that go in one ear and out the other because I'm the one that spends all day with him and have tested these items out and took them out of the diet...so if he tries to tell me that there's no way he can be allergic to those 2 things...I just might not go back to him at all anymore.

This week I am adding back wheat! I'm going to add some whole wheat pasta tonight and see how it goes. Honestly...I'm nervous about it. I don't know why, but I am. Maybe because it's a pretty common allergy? It would be nice if he's not allergic to it so that I don't have to spend $4-$5 on a package of brown rice noodles/pasta anymore! This diet is getting so expensive!

Oh - Alexander dropped a feeding too! (well..the last two nights anyways...we'll see if he picks it back up). He's also been sleeping longer because of it! So yay for us!

Hope to hear some good news from you ladies!

2 comments:

  1. yay! That's so great that he has the yellow seedy dipes again! I'm glad that even if you have some bad diapers, you know what you can go back to in order to get normal ones.
    I know what you mean about being nervous. I think DD's problem is more soy than dairy, but I can't bear to even try bread or anything with dairy in it "just to see"
    Hope the appt goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the good news! I have my fingers crossed for you about the wheat.

    ReplyDelete