Friday, May 8, 2009

Post an update! Is everyone getting better?

Alexander is allergic to wheat...gaaaaahhhh! He had an almost all mucous and orange/brown diap and a green bloody one :( I forgot how bad those diaps can smell! So it looks like I won't be saving any money on pasta or bread! LOL

Tim thinks I should still try dairy next week or the week after (we pretty much know he's allergic to soy already so we're not even going to test that). I want to give his insides a while to heal first though since it seems like the wheat really did a number on him. Poor guy!

I'm not 100% convinced Alexander doesn't have an allergy to dairy...but Tim isn't so sure he is since the entire time I went dairy free I was still getting soy or wheat in my diet (the original time I cut it out....you know, like 2.5 months ago LOL). We'll see. I'm not really keen on the idea of causing another stomach ache for my little guy. Everytime I see he doesn't take something well, I end up really depressed and feeling horrible that I caused it. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. DH wants be to try cheese, but since dairy is more common than soy, I'm too scared! Of course, I'm also worried about DD having screaming fits. If it weren't for those I would try it.

    We are doing good! No reactions in a month, since the vitamins! I had a steak from a restaurant Wednesday and she didn't react, so we have a go for eating out! I also just baked chocolate cakes for our b-days and they came out good with the rice milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the blog is back. I was thought that it was done for a while there.

    So sorry to hear about the wheat, Cassandra! I hope he outgrows it!

    I haven't really introduced anything new to my diet. I am still dairy, soy, wheat, egg, and nut free. I planned to introduce natural peanut butter but E got a cold so his diapers were different. I wanted to be sure I'd know if it was his cold causing mucous or an allergen. I did introduce my prenatal vitamin and that's been fine. Unfortunately, I think he had a reaction to salsa and strawberries but I'm not sure. He has had a rash on his belly since I ate salsa (maybe he can't handle tomatoes?). I ate strawberries and not only did the rash get worse but his face became super itchy. He was itching his eyes so much that they were swollen. Other than that he's been doing so great.

    Happy Mother's Day ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish this blog were out there when my MSPI baby was born 2 years ago!

    DS was in the NICU where he was diagnosed. I cut everything out of my diet. At four months of age he reacted to something I ate. Which is funny, because I cut out wheat, eggs, nuts, fish, onions, garlic, soy and dairy.

    Nutramigen and Alimentum both still brought on a reaction, so he was on Elecare which worked great.

    I just wanted to let you know that there is hope. My son had reflux, MSPI and feeding issues. He would barely eat more thn 3 ounces at a time even at 6 months of age. However, after he turned 1 it was like a light bulb turning on. He eats everything now, except I do not give him any nuts. He is a different kid. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete